Who may file an appeal?

As a rule, the parties involved in proceedings in which the decision challenged by the appeal was rendered, may lodge an appeal. The appellant may have his/her representative. In that case, the appellant must also submit a special power of attorney in order to be represented before the Constitutional Court. A special power of attorney implies that the power of attorney given for the purpose of representation before ordinary courts is not sufficient (Articles 16 and 21 of the Rules). An appellant may be a physical or legal person and does not need to be a national of Bosnia and Herzegovina.